Our team consists of car enthusiasts whose sole intention lies in lessening your car-buying complications, what makes us a convincing choice for this purpose is our love for cars and everything that comes along.
What makes us fresh and distinctive is our state of art features like: Hunt right car, Car Advisor, Accessory Finder, CarHunt Ratings, Car Life-Cycle, etc. Through our site we issue in-depth analysis and reviews of all the brands and their models, in India.
Our love for simplicity is evident from our user-friendly approach that reflects in our site’s uncomplicated design and an easy user interaction.
Founded by Romil Shroff, the online portal was launched on 3rd June, 2016.
Based on an ever evolving nature of the automotive market, here’s a brief explanation on how we rate and segregate segments on CarHunt.
How the ratings are evaluated?
- The ratings we evaluate to cars are based on market placement of particular product, the asking price and how the product fares in its segment. This ensures that ratings are awarded with more accuracy and in well defined evaluation domain. Sort of an apple to apple comparison.
- Ratings are done on a scale of 10, higher the better.
What are the various parameters on which the ratings are calculated?
There are 10 parameters for rating which are:
- Ride & Handling: A car’s overall ride and handling is rated. Excessively stiff ride, but nice handling means the ratings will be penalized as ride isn’t as sorted as it should have been. An optimized balance between ride and handling gets higher points.
- Engine and Gearbox: The performance of engine like bottom end torque, high RPM performance, noise, harshness, whether gearbox is quick shifting, smoothness of operation and type of transmission are evaluated.
- Comfort: Overall comfort is observed which includes
the ride quality also. Space, ergonomics, seats,
features like rain sensing wipers, auto headlights,
essential features like A/C, power windows, the interior
quality etc. are considered.
- Safety: Not only the availability of ABS and Airbags,
but also other features like rear disc brakes, the basic
body structure and overall build quality, seatbelt
pretensioner, third passenger 3-point seat belt is
provided or not are considered before any rating is
awarded to particular car being scanned through.
- Practicality: Day to day usage, ingress, egress, boot
space, ground clearance, drive train options (like All
Wheel Drive), cabin utility space and visibility are
- Fuel Efficiency: An important question for our nation
where the fuel prices are known to be high. Overall
fuel efficiency, urban fuel efficiency and high efficiency
are covered under fuel efficiency.
- Price: The asking price of product with respect to its
features, rivals, market placement, and overall value
are considered. A car with smaller feature list but
exceedingly solid built quality might also earn higher
- Resale Value: The projected resale value or a product
5 years down the line, if the car is a major hit or has
bombed, dealer network, parts availability and cost,
and other similar factors that affect resale value of
given proposition are the points covered.
- Maintenance: Factors like the cost of spares, labour
charges, service network and service intervals are
observed. Higher the rating, less the ownership
- Looks: The aesthetic evaluation of car is garnered in
for this parameter. Looks can be subjective, and we
highly recommend consumers to have a look at cars
physically before concluding any opinion. We try our
best to have the ratings as in tune to market
expectation as possible.
What are the various segments defined at CarHunt?
There are 15 total segments we have identified; here is a brief overview of all the segments.
- Entry Level HatchbackCars like Tata Nano, Alto 800, Datsun Redigo, Hyundai,
Eon, Renault Kwid fall under this segment.
Sheer high volume segment, but recently the market trend
is shifting towards Family hatchback.
- Family HatchbackCars like Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Grand i10, Toyota
Etios Liva, Maruti Celerio, Ford Figo fall under this
As far as sales go, volume-wise, this individual segment is
the largest one.
- Premium HatchbackMaruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20, VW Polo,
Mercedes-Benz A-class fall under this segment. Rapidly
growing segment shows that Indian consumer is ready to
spend a bit more if quality and value are offered.
- Compact SedanPioneered by Tata, this segment includes products like
Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze, Tata Zest,
Hyundai’s Xcent. Exclusive to Indian market, this segment
is a consistent performer with reference to sales volume.
It’s the volumes that bring in global majors to this
- Family SedanCars falling under this segment include Honda City, Maruti
Ciaz, Hyundai Verna, Chevrolet Cruze, Toyota Corolla
Altis. Since last couple of years, this segment sees high
volume; it’s a stiffly competed segment.
- Compact SUVFord Ecosoprt, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai
Creta, Renault Duster are the major players for this
segment. This is a hot and happening segment, with
number of players likely to grow.
- Full Size SUV and MUVCars like Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Scorpio, Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra XUV fall in this segment. A
volume segment thanks to the practicality offered by the
- Premium SedanRanging from Skoda Octavia, Toyota Camry to Mercedes
C-class, this segment is where the brand value becomes
critical for a product’s success.
- Premium Compact SUVAudi Q3, BMW X3, Audi Q5, Mercedes Benz GLC are
considered Premium Compact SUV. This segment is
likely to grow volume wise.
- Premium SUVToyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
comprise this segment. Strong performance, practicality
and presence on road mark these SUVs apart.
- Luxury SedanMercedes Benz E-class, BMW 5 Series, Jaguar XF to
Mercedes-Benz S-class, Rolls Royce ghost are included
in this segment. Badge value is of the utmost important as
- Luxury Compact SUVProducts like Range Rover Evoque, Porsche Macan,
Bentley Bentayga cover this segment. Prices are on the
higher side but the badge and exclusivity are prominently
attached with this segment.
- Luxury SUVAudi Q7, Land Rover Range Rover, Volvo XC90, Toyota
Land Cruiser 200, etc. are included in this segment of
Luxury SUV. Very capable products on and off the road,
immense comfort, versatility in one package.
- Sports CarAll drool products, dreams of youngster land up in here
with products like Ferrari 488 GTB, Jaguar F-type,
Mercedes Benz GT S AMG, Porsche Cayman, Ford
Mustang, etc. Strong performers with special appeal.
- Super CarExplosively fast, tremendously powerful and engineered
like none other, Super Cars include Lamborghini
Aventador, Audi R8, Porsche 911, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta,
Aston Martin Vanquish, Bentley Continental GT, etc.
belong to this master class.